Tuesday, June 24, 2014

REVIEW: Influenster's SPRING VOX BOX

I was fortunate enough to be selected to receive a Vox Box from Influenster for the launch of the Labor Day Movie!  Influenster will select individuals to receive items in a "vox box" pertaining to theme, and have those individuals talk about these items!

Here I go, the shorter blog's short-and-to-the-point review of the Spring Vox Box.

1. RIMMEL LONDON SCANDALEYES RETRO GLAM MASCARA (phew!)

I have mixed feelings about this one.  It worked amazingly the first three-four days.  I loved the curve of the wand, it gave uniform coverage especially to the corners of my eyes.

Then came the week after.  The wand clumps up SO bad with product that I can't even see the wand bristles anymore.  I have to wipe off a lot of excess, which means lots of wasted product.

Not sure I'm a fan of this mascara.

2. PLAYTEX SPORT FRESH BALANCE TAMPONS

I've always been a fan of the Playtex Sport line.  They are the only ones I trust for longer outings or activities that involve more movement.  I don't trust any other product because I've tried and tested the other big brands.  Enough said, go buy this one.








3. KISS EVERLASTING FRENCH NAILS

I have not used fake nails like this since high school prom when I was in a rush.  For the exact reason why I would buy this item- if I was in a rush to get somewhere and my nails looked awful.

We all know what artificial nail glue does to your nails (my nails are still recovering 2 weeks later), and the nails start popping off three days later.

If you need a quick fix for a wedding or party, get this- it's a small fraction of the cost to get your nails done at a salon, and easy to remove!




4. NIVEA SKIN FIRMING HYDRATING BODY LOTION

This product is tricky to review... Though I have been using it for over 2 weeks now on my stomach, my biggest problem area after having kids.  I have also been exercising more so I can't tell if the change is from toning by exercise or from the skin firming lotion.

As far as the scent/texture goes, I loved it.  I know other reviews say the scent was overpowering.  But I have very sensitive skin where I will break out with strong scents.  That did not happen with this lotion.  I would buy it in the future and recommend it to others.

No comments: